For the most part I no longer ride on the road. I live too far away from
work to realistically commute, so unfortunately that activity was shelved
when we moved here. I've had a couple of bad personal experiences riding
with vehicles (yelled at, honked at, intentionally hit, bottle thrown at
me), local cyclists have had a slew of others, and we've had a death of a
cyclist by a man who did not have a license because he was legally
blind and another doctor left for dead after being hit on his tri
bike...thankfully alive but had to quit his practice because of the head
trauma suffered when he was hit. Locally, it has just become too dangerous
and I opted out.

I do all my riding now on trails or gravel roads, which thankfully we have
plenty of.