I think I have to agree with Joe, I have a Clementine  (Clem L) & I have never
had a problem riding it whatever distance, BUT would it be a suitable choice
for 100 miles or multi day ride!? No, I  don't think so. Sure you could do it &
if you had one; I wouldn't discourage you from trying; now on the other hand if
you were buying a new bike just for such a purpose then I'd suggest to the Joe
Appaloosa. The Clem is heavy & big and under my 240lbs pretty flexy. I love it
for going to the grocery store or slow meandering.
It climbs OK, but you definitely feel the heft of it; on the other hand my
Atlantis makes light of any sort of uphill & makes climbing hills as close to
fun as is possible I guess.
The difference in speed is really negligible, but noticeable. Example on my
14mile commute home from work I might average 10.9mph on the Atlantis, but only
10.4 on the Clementine, but over 14 miles it adds up! No problem if you are not
in a hurry, but when it's really cold or Hot outside, its nice to be able to
trim the time if necessary.