The effect of the hip-to-torso angle on power or ability to produce torque
is one very big reason I prefer drop bars, with their variety of hand
positions which in turn allow a variety of torso angles. It's also why I
like my Flites (original model) with their long body that gives a
comfortable platform (for my ass, anyway), from waaay back while grinding
up a hill to "on the rivet" for trying to keep up with a tailwind.

I really noticed the effect of bending over on power when I started riding
fixed pretty exclusively; turn into a headwind or come to a long rise, and
you can't (obviously) gear down; you have to increase power. And "falling"
into the hooks naturally gives you that little bit of additional power, as
does shoving back in the saddle and bending your elbows if you are riding
on the ramps. I daresay that the Albastache allows you to do the same.

My own personal favorite bar for this sort of variety is the Maes Parallel
-- shallowish drop but long ramps.

"Tuck until you stand." That fits my experience.

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 10:04 AM, Deacon Patrick <lamontg...@mac.com> wrote:

> Jan’s exploration of cycling myth #5, higher handlebars are more
> comfortable, sure matches my experience single speeding (free or fixed),
> where changing positions relates to only one thing because there is only
> one gear: power output. On steep climbs, I tuck until I stand. Otherwise,
> upright is fine.
> https://janheine.wordpress.com/2018/02/12/myth-5-an-
> upright-position-is-more-comfortable/
>
> With abandon,
> Patrick
>
> www.CredoFamily.org
> www.MindYourHeadCoop.org

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique