Thanks Keith.  I ended up ordering a pair of 2.35 Vittoria Mezcal's, the
"TNT" version (Tubes or No Tubes).  Great reviews re: bite, transition from
center to edge transition on turns, rolling resistance, puncture
resistance, and relative quiet on pavement.  Not too heavy, either.  Once I
have the bike and have mounted and tested them I'll post a report...that
may be a couple of weeks off though.