Thanks to all, so far.  I just decided this morning to make the SF
stop--that will be Feb 25-27.

I probably should have mentioned that I own a Joe Appaloosa (so there IS
Rivendell content)  and just love it.  The group here, as well as my calls
to Riv,  helped me with my decision last April and I appreciated all the
input.

I do like the idea of staying in SF and doing some hikes there (and the
Sutro Baths look interesting).  It makes a good use of time.  I went to
Muir Woods years ago and was just awed by the experience.

Roberta