Twin peaks is one of my favorite places to visit in the city.  From there
you get an incredible 270 deg panoramic view of SF and surroundings
including the Golden Gate bridge.  Beautiful both during the day and at
night (fog permitting)

As for Walnut Creek, Riv is by far the most interesting place to visit in
that town.  There's not much else for a tourist.

Have a fun trip!