I have a 2017 Appaloosa.  Clem L and Appa are similar bikes, IMO.  Based on
my experience, I would say it quite suitable for 60-mile rides.  It would
NOT be a good choice if speed is what you are going for.  Very good choice
if enjoying the scenery, being able to carry some stuff for the trip with
ease and comfort are what you want.

I only started biking 2-3 years ago.  My biking muscles are not all that
trained.  Still, a 52 mile trip that involved 2800 ft climbing did not feel
too hard on Appaloosa. It was 95+ degrees that day.  I had carried at least
20 lbs cargo including extra water bottles.  Looking back, I wouldn't even
attempt a trip like that on any of the road bikes I had owned before.  It
might take an hour less.  But I know those bikes won't be comfortable
enough to get much enjoyment out of the ride.  Last summer I also biked Mt
Diablo (close 3k ft climb, I think) on Appa.

It did take some trial and error with handlebars, stem length/height
adjustments and saddles   before it became fully comfortable for long
rides.  (which is probably the case with any bike).

During the winter I have made more tweaks to improve ergonomics (mostly to
the cockpit).  Now I feel like I can enjoyably ride it all day (at my pace)
for multiple days.  Looking forward to at lease one such ride this summer.

Cheers,

Ash