Hi Dave,
Nice! I'm right near the start of the trail. My thought is to build up my
Clem to ride during the winter on snowy trails. I'm not really sure how
practical that is, but it will give me options for winter riding.
I've got some use Maxxis Ardents coming that I'll try out, and thanks to
Keith I know will fit my Clem, and it'll give me an idea of how much room I
have to work with.
If it does seem to have more room, there are a few 29 x 2.6" tires
available that I think might fit:
Maxxis Rekon
Maxxis Forekaster
Schwalbe Nobby Nic

Reviews show that all of these measure out around 60-65mm wide, which I
know will fit the back, wondering about the fork. I won't be running
fenders.

David
River Grove, IL