It wasn't a sexual comment. At all. It was a compliment, and one I received
warmly.

I'll go so far as to say this: most women appreciate when people notice the
effort they put into throwing together a nice outfit, or when they're having a
GREAT hair day or when they get new lipstick. Healthy women don't want to be
sexualized, and that's the difference. Rest assured Doug, you are guiltless.