While many in this group are not into training, racing or other extreme
forms of cycling, this article is good information and may serve as a
cautionary tale for someone you know:

http://www.velonews.com/2018/02/bikes-and-tech/technical-faq/technical-faq-no-burning-haywire-heart_456565

This goes back to "too much exercise may not be good for you".  Lennard
does an excellent job of explaining a complex subject and relating his own
experiences.  I've been down the path of drugs, cardioversion, ablations,
pacemaker, different drugs, etc.  While I've never been a trained athlete,
nor competed in any serious way, it's entirely possible that years of the
"more is better" syndrome was contributory.

Especially relevant is how he has had to adjust his riding activities to
deal with his current reality.  It's a bit long & somewhat technical, but
definitely worth the time and attention.

Doug Peterson