Thanks for the suggestion Rich.  I did consider pauls, but I wanted to keep
it a super easy brake setup.  Mike Varley had an article about brake
clearances that I cam across ( ) and from the
images in it, it looked like the shimanos ought to offer adequate clearance
for 35mm tires. The limiting factor will remain the frame bridges and fork
crown, I believe.  I think the only way to get fenders on as well will be
to split them at the brakes/bridges. I did something like this once before
and am curious to tinker around with it again.

Really, i should just ride the romulus without fenders, but living in the
metro vancouver area, well, we get quite a lot of rain.

Sky in new west

On Monday, 19 February 2018 05:49:53 UTC-8, RichS wrote:
> Sky,
> If you can swing it, Paul centerpulls for your Romulus would give you the
> fender clearance you’re looking for.
> Just completed a Roadeo and installed the Paul CPs. They are as nicely
> performing as others on the list have noted from time to time.
> Regards,
> Richard

To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at