Nathan, how set are you on a front rack vs. rear? You may want to consider a
light weight rear rack instead. There seems to be a large range of personal
preference, but the QB seems to have geometry that favors a rear load more than
a front load, though I’m no expert at that and haven’t tried a front rack on my
QB as I’m happy with the Mark’s Mini installed on the rear as a bag support. On
my grocery run today, in/ my saddle bag I carried 4 doz. eggs, 2 lbs butter,
and TP plus my minimal carry and it handled brilliantly on my jouncy,
washboarded 5 mile return ride home.

With abandon,
Patrick