I've had frames in the past that had chrome plated dropouts and right
chainstay and it not only looks great but also practical as there is no
paint to chip ever I believe the first I had was a used Fuji bike in the
70's I bought as a teen. It was my first 10 speed, back when that's what we
called 'em !  Or maybe it was the Gitane 531C bike I bought later, it also
has a chrome fork which is really nice ! Frankly since it used to be so
common all subsequent frames without any chrome plating always looked like
something was missing. Much like cars these days with plastic mirror covers
and  plastic/foam "bumpers" instead of a real functional and good looking
chrome one, they look rather generic.

If, and that's a big if I were to chrome a bike it would just be dropouts
and right chainstay. May-be the fork. It's best to do a brand new frame as
a used one must be absolutely rust free.

It's very expensive to do a whole bike, the last I checked about $1100 for
a whole bike from Franklin Frames in Ohio.
Fork  $225
Dropout faces $140
Head lugs/Fork crown $255
Chainstay each $65

Dave Moulton wrote about the process done by the chrome plater he used when
he made frames. It's very labor intensive as just like a good paint job the
quality of the finish is only as good as the prep work.

http://davesbikeblog.squarespace.com/blog/2009/10/29/chrome.html