I currently have 4 bicycles with chromed seat and chain stays and fork
tips, include a Fuji S10 S. One, the Louison Bobet, actually has a fully
chromed fork. I heard this became popular because it saved the process of
chroming and painting different size forks for each model. It is a classic
and attractive look, but I don't think it would be all that appropriate on
a Rivendell. First of all, the tubing on Rivs is larger than the standard
tubing of yore, and that makes a difference to my eye. Secondly, the Riv
aesthetic is more about the lovely contrasting head tube paint and small
seat tube panels along with fabulous head badges. In my opinion, these are
much more suited to the non-racing, do anything function of Rivendell

The one exception I *might *allow for (ask me nicely!) would be a grilver
Roadeo or a Legolas. I have a beautiful no name silver bicycle (which I
just took out for a tune up ride yesterday--70 degrees in the Hudson
Valley) that features chromed stays and fork tips. It's very subtle due to
the light silver paint. It's rainy here today but I will try for a photo or
two and post it later. Because I like posting photos of bicycles whenever I