Congrats. That's really cool you found one.  Don't beat it up "too" much.

My 2 cents:

-  If by "riv stock" you mean nitto, consider using a different, cheap
seatpost for a while.  The kid seat will most likely clamp around the post
and mar it up.  Not long after that, you'll likely get a trail-a-bike that
will do the same thing.  Get a nice one down the road.

-  As I mentioned in a similar thread recently, don't over-think the kid
stuff or splurge on "high end" items.  You'll be discarding it before you
know it, and it all adds up in cost quickly.  The seats from Kmart, Cosco,
etc. are perfectly adequate.

- Agree, a kickstand is key (but obviously don't try to load the kid in the
seat while relying on it.)

-  Another consideration:  Burly trailers are pretty nice and my kids
seemed to like it more than the rear seat, and for a longer period of
time.  Easier to load and ride.  Better in cold weather, hot sun, rain.
Plus, you can carry all sorts of gear and food and toys at the same time.
Or use it for shopping with no kid.