my two cents (because that is all I have left having recently gone down
this path). Rear seat fits for a much longer time than a stem mounted
style. I found the Yepp the outstanding choice (having had a couple of both
kids and seats). We used the seat tube mounted model, clamped like a vise,
felt like you could carry twice the stated limit and the mounting point
lowered the center of gravity a bit.

Mandatory in my book is a double kickstand

Surly single chainrings are pretty good and come in many different sizes.

as far as something my wife "invented" she took a piece of elastic tied
around her waist, attached half a dozen toys to it, so with Everly on the
Yepp the toys were right at eye and hand level.

one more tip, try and get the gearing so low that rider will never stand,
when you stand (my wife is a masher) the bike jumps forward almost
inpercievably but when you are riding next to the baby seat you can her
helmet lurching back and forth.