Michael, I understand what you are saying, but your title of “Unsafe helmets”
does give your position. You see helmets by those brands as “unsafe” because
they are subsidiarities of gun companies. Only someone with a gun-control
position would call that “unsafe.” The opposite arguement can also be made, by
concieled carry folks, that these are “safe” helmets because they are
subsidiarities of gun companies. And my just naming those two extremes, without
delving into nuanced positions between or off the line on the X,Y, or Z axis of
a 3-d grid can artifically limit understanding to a false polarity. Sigh.
Unintended consequences are a bug-a-boo, aye? Grin.

With abandon,
Patrick