Fair enough. I’d say the most significant difference in those bikes would be
the style of brakes and the slope of the top tube. Reasonable folks could
easily have different preferences. Beyond that there are aesthetic differences,
I think even between different vintages of the same model. Of course aesthetics
and the weight one gives therm are also a personal choice.
Me, I really really like my late toyo ahh and I wouldn’t trade it for a sam and
an appropriate cash differential.