Okay thanks for that. I appreciate it. I tend to take the word of the crank
maker, so when Compass says 110, that's what I'm inclined to go with.
Sounds right to me, and I definitely like a low Q, and want the chainline
to be right. The gearing combo I am using is such that -- like you -- I
want to be able to run any of my cogs with the big ring.

Now, Roman at Rivendell has gotten back to me and told me to use a 118...
:-/ So I don't know quite what to think, now. I thought I understood bottom
brackets and such pretty well, but I admit this one has got me a little
confused...