Hi Michael,

If possible, I'd take a caliper measurement of both the post outer
diameter and the seatube inner diameter to be sure if either (or both) are
slightly out of spec.

Going up 2mm would not likely work in your favor if the seatube is spec'd
correctly at 26.8.

I also wonder if the binder bolt and nut could be contributing somehow and
binding or somewhat cross threading?  Riv seatbinders take easy to find
metric bolts so you could try an alternate of the same size.

 Out of curiosity, do you notice the ears of the seatlug binder pinching or
deforming such that they get close to touching and bridging the gap when
tightened enough to hold the post sufficiently?  Wondering as I have
experienced too small posts before (not posts manufactured out of spec...
but undersized posts that had been used on frames designed for larger
diameter posts.)

One was a hand-me-down frame that came into my possession with a 26.2
installed and a heavily deformed seatbinder.  This frame turned out
to require a 26.8 post after spreading the binder back apart and the 6mm
difference was significant and easily noticeable.

On the other hand, another frame called for a 30.9 post and the stock post
was too short for me.  I had a much longer 27.2 post and a 27.2-30.8 shim
available and the 1mm difference of the 30.8 shim vs 30.9 seatbinder was
minimal enough to not cause any noticeable deformation but definitely
noticeable when tightening since it required much greater effort to get it
nice and snug.

Brian Cole
Lawrenceville NJ