I have used two layers of Newbuams cloth tape for doble wrapping. In your
case, if you use the Newbaums as the base layer, just be sure to not
overlap the base layer tape as you wrap it. It makes the top layer a bit
uneven and possibly feel "lumpy". There is no need to overlap since the
Newbaums will have a layer on top of  it.