They work fine but are annoying on the hand.  When I bought them, they only
had the downtube sets available in stock.  I assume that tab is some sort
of stop for downtube installations.  I'll be grinding them off.  Just
wanted to confirm that it wouldn't screw them up.  Thanks for the
confirmation, Bill.

John