When I acquired my Hillborne, it had Honjo Hammered fenders.  I found them
to be very sturdy and beautiful but the noise drove me batty.  They didn't
have enough clearance for my Smart Sam knobbies but looked sharp with
Barlow Pass ELs.  I ended up giving them to Evan E. on the list.  He used
them to beautify one of his classic bikes.  I replaced them with a pair of
SKS plastics Riv sold.  Not as pretty but also not as loud on all the
gravel trails I need to ride.

John