Garth, yep, I know stack and reach.  To my weird brain though, if I know
PBH, and I also know the goofy
"[top-of-seatpost-at-comfy-height]__to__[center-of-bar-flats-at-comfy-stem-height]"

measurement on a bike that I know fits me well, then I'm an instant away
from seeing whether another bike can be configured to fit me well ...
whether I have stork legs and t-rex arms, or stumpy legs and chimp arms.  I
don't think you can say the same for PBH-only bike sizing.

If you take that latter goofy measurement on a bike that fits you well, and
cut a piece of string to that length, then 'overlay' it on a bike you're
thinking about getting, you'd be able to see in an instant whether you can
get a stem with the right reach (and height) -- plus a saddle with enough
adjustment in the rails for proper setback -- for the new bike to fit you
just as well as your existing bike.  Assuming your PBH is also accommodated.

I know, weird, and likely overkill if you're in the middle of the PBH
range. But there are many who are in between PBH ranges, and/or don't have
'normal' upper/lower torso ratios.

Tom