Hi Lester

You are confusing me.  You say you have a 55cm Cheviot with e 57.5cm ETT.
That's not what the current Geo-chart
<https://www.rivbike.com/pages/geometry> says.  Do you have a Cheviot that
does not match the geo-chart?  Does your post have a typo?  According to
the numbers on Rivbike.com, a 53cm MIT-Atlantis has a 2cm SHORTER effective
top tube than a 55cm Cheviot.  In addition to that, a 53cm MIT-Atlantis has
a 0.5 degree more laid back seat tube angle, which means that you will move
the saddle ~5mm farther forward on your Atlantis than you did on your
Cheviot.  That's 2.5cm (a full inch) shorter cockpit, so you should be good
to go with drops.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA