Hi, all,

First, congratulations Bill!

It is certainly worth a try, all you 200k you tire kickers.

My first brevet was a 300k. I knew I had been served up with a nice Brown sauce
when I found myself riding with Bob Fourney, RAAM champion, turning myself
inside-out, and realizing that he was holding back for the difficulties to
come. I bonked, lost my cue sheet, had to follow a faster group over the last
100k to find the course, and had a ball.

I am still not a prolific randonneur, but have managed to finish a super
randonneur series, PBP, and have had a ball generating a few permanents to
inspire the intrepid here on the northern Front Range of Colorado.

Come on out! A 200k is a century plus a bit. Nothing special but an achievement
of distinction.

Note: I have ridden a few brevets on Grant Petersen design machines. I prefer
slightly different bikes these days, but Lon Haldeman, Henry Kingman, and the
many others who have piloted a Rivendell machine on a 1200k or longer ride,
finishing with distinction and an American style, cannot be too far wrong.

Cheers,

Will
William M deRosset
RUSA 2401