Thanks, Paul! RE Lord of the Rings: may I boldly suggest: Read, don’t watch?
Jackson failed to grasp a lot of what Tolkien wrote and bulloxed core concepts
like just war theory (Entmoot result), human dignity and capacity for good
(Farimir’s initial response), depth of friendship (betrayal by Sam of Frodo on
the Stair of Ungolath), among others. I now refuse to watch the movies, and
have never seen any of the Hobbit movies. What I get for being a stuffy
theologian. Grin. The book — well worth an annual read. Grin.

With abandon,
Patrick