It is a huge bummer to break something on a nice steel bike, but be happy
that it's fixable and that it's worth fixing.  I love the idea of taking
the opporunity to add braze ons.  I just wish it happened in the beginning
of a Pittsburgh winter so you could take your time.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA