Thanks for posting this...  As a follow-up, Jack Thurston did a 2-part set
of podcasts (The Bike Show) that discuss the history of Raleigh and the
factory.

http://thebikeshow.net/raleigh-part-one-rise/
http://thebikeshow.net/raleigh-part-two-fall/

I have not listened to those shows in awhile, so cannot talk specifics, but
I always remembered listening and being taken back to those days.

For what it is worth, in the video, it shows a frame coming down from the
line with the Rudge name on the seat tube, a name I knew was associated
with Raleigh.  There was a little more information here though:

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/British_isles/Rudge_main.htm

I think I will spend part of this somewhat wet, dreary midwest day
listening again to those podcasts!

Bob Lovejoy
Galesburg, IL