DarinM asked if I'm going 1x entirely.

No, I'm not.  I still like the added versatility of a super compact double
for many types of riding that I do.  I'm in no hurry to convert any of my
current doubles to 1x.  I have three 1x bikes right now, and don't have any
plans to convert any of my other bikes.  With a 42x27 low gear, there are
plenty of climbs I'll avoid on this bike, or plan on shouldering it.

Bill