Thanks for posting.  I've never followed anything on facebook too closely
(even before the current dust-up), so I wouldn't have seen this.  I thought
that page was more about pictures than conversations.  From a quick read,
it didn't sound too inflammatory or troll-ish, thankfully.  Mostly a bunch
of hand wringing over such crucial things as:

*"Should the new Atlantis have been called something else because it is
built in Taiwan and has a sloped top tube, in order to avoid 'diluting' the
brand?,"* and

*"I suspect that long chainstays will be a liability in singletrack... even
though I've never tried them."*

All pretty benign in the grand scheme of things, and I suspect that the
reason most people comment is because they actually care about Rivendell.
 Some are just less aware of how critical sounding their comments actually
come across.   Others are just curious.

I've been thinking recently about how vocal I myself have been on this
forum over the years, about frustrations over how a particular model was
not  made in my size, or in saying that *"if only it had X feature, then
Rivendell's Y product would be perfect." * I'm not sure my intentions or
good will are always clear.  So what's funny about the new Atlantis is that
it has now evolved into the EXACT bike I've been screaming about, and it
rectifies every criticism, and it eliminates every excuse I've ever had for
not getting one:  Because of the sloped top tube, there is now a size that
fits me;  I can afford it;  It has a better, more nimble wheel size for my
intended use;  It eliminates toe clip overlap;  It will be less twitchy and
more stable.  Put that frame together with the forthcoming new "wider
albatross" bar that I and others endlessly whine about wanting, and Riv
basically just released my dream bike at a non-custom price.

So for everyone who laments the changes, there's probably someone else like
me who couldn't be happier, and who will actually spend their money.
Whoever posted that collage on the other thread, about the Porsche 911
chronology,  said it perfectly in so many words.  Remember how people
freaked out when it became liquid cooled?!  Bottom line was that the car
remained geared toward a specific type of driving, and toward a specific
type of customer.   The fact that the Atlantis continues to evolve and
innovate is precisely what makes it the timeless classic that it is.   What
would be silly is NOT changing it up once in a while.