There's a great German website that has routes that are much more direct
than the typical tourist routes, but still have a focus on low traffic,
minimizing hills, and a pleasant bike experience.

For Americans (and Germans alike), the route presentation will take a lot
of getting used to -- he basically cuts up and recombines topo maps for the
routes, and so you end up with only a few pieces of paper for even very
long routes.

He doesn't have anything for the section from Prague to Nuremberg. But you
could use EuroVelo Route 4 to the German border:
http://www.cyklistevitani.cz/Vypis-vyhledavani.aspx?lat=49.63726658842979&lon=15.38495069999999&z=7

Then go south for a bit on this route until close to Regensburg:
http://www.radweit.de/br/bry.html

Connect to Nuremberg: http://www.radweit.de/nr/nry.html (you can probably
cut across to this route from further north, but beware that this is quite
hilly territory)

Nuremberg to Karlsruhe: http://www.radweit.de/nka/nkay.html

Connect to Paris: http://www.radweit.de/ppf/ppfyd.html

There are many options to take sections by train, as long as you stay away
from the high-speed trains, which for the most part don't accept bikes.

 Harald in Madison (WI)