I lost out on a set of Bon Jon tires trying to reply directly to the poster.
I've lost out on several items this way.  If you're on a Mac, the only option
to reply directly to the poster is by switching to "Desktop", which then gives
you the option to reply directly. I've done this several times and I get an
email reply (always either several hours later or in my spam folder) that my
reply has been rejected. By then, someone has already bought the item. Yes, I
get the email digest, in which the posters entire email address is listed (even
on the desktop version, on a Mac or iPhone, the email address is only partial,
thus of no use) but by the time it comes, the item is usually sold. I guess my
point is that I will always have to reply on list to any for sale post, if I
hope to have a chance at the item. So please understand that I'm not ignoring
your request to be contacted offline because I'm a dick (although, undoubtedly
I am at times) it's because I want the item and can't get it any other way.

Peace,
Tim "now in Casa Grande, AZ and learning about goatheads" Kirch