Learning to ride a bike round these parts has its ups and downs ... but no
flats, which makes for challenging learning. With our youngest two daughters we
shifted to Cleary Bikes, the smallest of which I removed the pedals from to
make it a balance bike, but with hand brake, so she already knows steering,
balance, and brakes. The shift to pedal is now not also a shift to brakes (a
BIG deal on not-flat roads). Our youngest has ridden this wee balance bike for
a couple years, and now at age five, two days after getting pedals, she’s
zipping up and down our not-so-flat flattish road. No falls. No tears. Just
delight. Grin.

Now I’ve gotta figure out how to get those last two Clementines (and oh how
they’ll be bummed that they say “Clem” without the “tine”!

With abandon,
Patrick

www.CredoFamily.org
www.MindYourHeadCoop.org