The D&R is great riding and I'm fortunate to have it close to home (I'm
between Trenton & Princeton and have easy access to connect to the D&R Main
Canal path from the Lawrence-Hopewell Trail
http://lhtrail.org/trail-guide/trail-map/ which is part of a separate and
still growing network of local trails weaving through Mercer Meadows Park.
The western "Feeder Canal" path also has plenty of places to stop for meals
between Washington Crossing and Frenchtown as it passes through several
other river towns of Lambertville, New Hope, Stockton, etc.  Several
sections get quite crowded on nice weekends, however, but once you get into
the longer more remote sections you could happily cruise at your own pace
for miles.  I've lived in the area since1999-2000 and have been fortunate
to ride it regularly.  My last year of college in '03-'04 I lived only a
block or two away from the Delaware River/Feeder Canal in Ewing, NJ and it
was this year that really helped reignite my love of cycling.  I'm sorry to
say I've still never ridden the entire thing and still need to ride the
northern section up near New Brunswick but I hope to do so eventually.
Saddle time has been very limited lately but I've also been hoping
to utilize the D&R for my first S240 and camp at Tinicum Park on
the Pennsylvania side up near Frenchtown.

Brian Cole
Lawrenceville, NJ