I have used both. Now, I don't do off road fixed gear riding but.....based
on your goal to keep things simple and knowing the good natured, punishment
your bike(s) endure, I would say the Hold Fast are a better option.

IME the Power Grips have more parts (to fail and lose) and are also a bit
more involved to adjust. I stripped the mounting screw on one of the Power
Grips mounts, trying to get it tight enough. YMMV.

Also given the importance of feedback from your feet for orientaton, know
that the POwer Grips require a tuen & twist motion to get them to "lock" on
to your feet. There is a consierable amount of downward pressure applied to
the top of your feet. Not sure if that might be a complicating issue for
you or not.

The Hold FAst have a simpler and greater range of adjustability in my
opinion. To me they felt similar to a traditional toe clip. The only thing
that was a negative that I recall was sometimes the Hold Fast could sag
when it was wet. It getting you feet in a little more of a chore but not a
deal breaker. Hope that helps!