Thanks, Jim, for bringing this up. My thoughts:
- By far, my experiences of learning, providing info to others, and
buying/selling on this group have been great. A very, very few not so
- I agree with most of the others that separating FS/WTB/WTT posts from
others isn't necessary
- Maybe being an active member for 2-3 months before allowing to sell is
a good idea. What is active? Asking and offering info in posts that would
indicate you'd understand and follow these guidelines. I don't know what
tooling you have available to help block or permit selling. Maybe require
all FS/WTB/WTT posts to have the tag that has been defined for that purpose
(but interestingly used little), which could trigger something?
- I tend to expect more of this group than what I expect from typical
- Items offered are always honestly presented by buyers, pointing out
warts as well as the good
- If someone makes an offer, they should back it up and follow
through (i.e., no "My wife/husband/partner won't let me", or, I've
my mind because of X"). Get your finances in order, and your
settled, before making an offer. I understand financial emergencies
happen, and of course that's understandable. But lame excuses should not
be welcome here.
- Respond. Don't ignore emails related to an item you've made on
offer on, or are selling. *Check your spam folder *as well as your
inbox (I learned this the hard way, and I was the offender).
- If you, as a list member in good standing, are acting as a 'proxy' for
someone not on the list, then the list member should relay expectations and
guidelines of this group to the seller/buyer before the post to buy or sell
Again, thanks Jim for all you do!
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW
Owners Bunch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.