Garth,

Bombadils are one of my faves too - even though I don’t own one. When I
discovered Rivendell it was the model that had a lot of appeal for me. Loved
the name, the head badge, the top tube lug and it’s stoutness.

For some time they had an unpainted prototype for sale that was a bargain. A
little small for me but could have worked. I stewed over it and eventually
settled on an Atlantis.

The roadish Bomba you describe sounds somewhat like an early Sam. Long top
tube, canti brakes and tubes not too heavy or light.

I think it’s cool your Bomba is just right sweet spot for you.

Best,
Richard
Sent from my iPhone