Many years ago, I had a similar shaped bag, might have been Kirkland or
Kirtland, it had a foam liner.
Sort of like a backpacking pad material. It was white, semi dense closed cell
foam.
It held the shape of the bag and dampened the noise of anything bouncing around
when it was only partially full.
It was a rectangle that formed into a cylinder when inserted.

Use a piece of cardboard or coroplast for a template.
I’m sure something similar could be had at a craft or fabric store.

Ray