About the Banana Sack, just an opinion :

1. Sway is often an unnecessary concern. There is a difference between an
"on the bike" problem and an "in the head theoretical" one.

2. Security is good. The least secure mount, ironically, is the original
intended mount, on the saddle loops. Then the Bsack's at its most
horizontal. Even then, it's 100 percent secure when closed, and probably 95
percent secure when you shamefull fail to close it right, when the flap's
just flapping free. You can make it 99.googolplex secure with a
free-flapping flap if you push a bandana down on top of your BananaLoad and
use the elastic stuff under the flap (to hold the banandana in place). Then
only neutrinos can escape its clenched maw.

The original bag of this type, made in France by Gilles Berthoud, was made
as a saddle bag. Gilles is a master bag designer, a bicycle rider, and the
design was little-to-notatall changed from its first public use. We copied
that with our first version (which we called the Banana Bag) in the early
2000s, and no problems there, either.

3. The BananaSack, tho, mounts equally well or maybe 2 percent even better
to the handlebar. That's thanks to Roman, I think, who suggested the new
and embarrassingly obvious solution of two separate straps, like saddlebags
have. Mounted on the front, the Bsack is nearly vertical. I can access
everything in it while riding, and on a road (not a trail) it's not even
necessary to close it with the miraculous toggle.

3. It mounts wonderfully on the sides of baskets.

4. The elastic thing makes it easy to overfill.

5. The fore-and-aft slots (one has a stiffener) are good for phones, tire
levers, flat stuff.

Bags should be easy to use on and off the bike. The mouth of the BananaSack
is like the mouth of a largemouth bass, ready to engulf anything that comes
its way, with no buckles or zippers or roll-top weatherproofing to mess
with. It's not waterproof when submerged (like the bass it mimics!), but
it'll handle an apocalyptic rain, and if you doubt that, you can stuff your
stuff in a Target bag before putting it in.

It's not the bag for everybody and every use, but as handy day-bags go,
it's where we want it to be. There are lots of nice bags of about the same
size out there. It's hard to go wrong these days. Yay!