On 05/25/2018 08:06 AM, Lum Gim Fong wrote:
In my experience:

650bx36 hole black label Grand Bois rims.
Compass 32/38/42 mm wide tires go on and off with bare hands like butter and
practically auto bead seat upon inflation.

My experience as well.

For 650b avoid synergy rims as Hetres and Compass tires require hand massaging
to bead seat.

Over the years Velocity replaced a number of those rims for me under warranty due to cracking.  The most recent Synergy replacement does not require hand massaging, although the earlier ones certainly did.  So somewhere along the way, before they canceled that rim entirely they did manage to fix the problem.

If you are 700c, avoid Velocity A23 rims because Compass tires are tight on
them and very hard to get on, in my experience.

I have an A23 in 700C that fits a Stampede Pass just fine.  It uses a Stans rim strip, one of the very thin ones made for tubeless, and I believe that's the reason my tires go on and off OK on that rim.

--
Steve Palincsar
Alexandria, Virginia