I use Ottolocks and like them.  I have several, short and long.  Generally
the short works fine for me with a single bike and locking to a rack or
thin pole.  Longer for multiple bikes and/or bigger poles.  I don't know
how easy they are to defeat -- I view them as a theft deterrent, not
prevention.  I have significantly more substantial locks for use when
needed.  Even with a good lock, I will often use the Otto to lock a wheel
or just a second lock and added bit of deterrent.