Garth's method doesn't work well in very sandy or dusty environments. Oils
grit the chain up immediately; most "dry" lubes build up into waxy gunk,
and in any case, applying liquid lube over a gritty chain just leaches grit
into the innards.

With the Molten wax I described just now, you clean your chain for the
initial application, and just melt and dunk thereafter.

BTW, use an old crockpot, $5 at Goodwill. But a small one, and one that has
a removeable ceramic pot, which makes cleaning easier, once you have to
replace the wax.

On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 6:30 AM, Garth <garth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Search google for    *hot wax chains cycling   . *
>
> Scroll .... Pick and choose a link .
>
> Asking if it's worth it or not , you will get yes it's worth it and no
> it's not.  No surprise .
>
> A lube is a lube is a lube ..... those that claim "mine is best" are
> simply defending their choice only.  The "best" is the one you got.  I've
> done hot wax, Squirt Lube water based wax lube, White Lightning Clean Ride
> petro based wax lube, and the usual plethora of oil based stuff.   What I
> found rather silly is that apply wax lubes ... you must clean the chain
> first thereby contradicting "not cleaning the chain" !   Seems like a
> perfectly good waste of factory lube already there. Clean Ride and Squirt
> are the only wax ones that you never ever clean the chain for the life of
> the chain past the initial cleaning, you reapply as needed. Hot wax needs
> reapplied, pita if you ask me, time and effort .
>
> Anyways, I've gone back to just slapping on the new chain, wiping it every
> so often, blow debris off with a compressor and reapply on bike with
> whatever oil. The most important part of a chain is INSIDE , and once you
> use solvent and remove it, it's not so easy to get it back it at all.
> Factory lubes are done with heat and pressure, to penetrate the links.  No
> one can do that at home.
>
> For myself ... "time" spent cleaning and lubing a chain frequently .... is
> not "free" .  Only FREE is free, no exception, no debate, no alternative.
>
> This all said, I don't ride in the rain if I can avoid it. This is just
> one perspective .... viva la Infinity  :-)

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique