Paul asked where I read that Tour de France riders drank coke and OJ in the
early 1980s.

It was probably in Bicycling magazine or maybe Winning. I read both of those in
those years. It might have been in a Sean Kelly bio, because I remember reading
about the coke-can practical joke he would play. They’d get their musette at
the feed zone, which always included a can of coke. He’d dump the van of coke
into his water bottle and then reach down and drag the empty van on the ground.
The sound was exactly like the sound of a pedal going into somebody’s spokes so
it would scare the bejeezus out of the peloton.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito Ca