Read Jeff Jones' posts about the Jones Plus LWB (long wheelbase) bike. They
are quite a bit longer than his standard model, and still highly capable
offroad. He goes into a lot of detail as to the differences and why you
might prefer one over the other.

http://www.jonesbikes.com/jones-plus/

Eamon
Seattle