“If you're riding requires some sort of suspension”

Suspension in various forms is a part of all riding. Be it pnumatic tires, arms
and elbows, flex of frame/fork, bouncy bike shocks ... whatever. However, I’d
posit no riding requires what is refered to as “full suspension shocks” except
downhill racing. I have do desire to downhill race.

I ride trails not for the technicality, but for their remoteness, though the
two strongly correlate. I regularly pass sponsored bouncy bikers, and almost
never (1-2x a year?) does one pass me ... generally on the downhill with them
needing body armor to survive any mishap. Seriously. The other day a guy
skewerd himself on a tree near here. His lesson to all bikers out there from
his hospital bed after his very near death experience? “Wear your body armor!”
Yup. That was the lesson. Sigh. Sardonic grin.

With abandon,
Patrick