If finances allow, I will also echo having two different COMPLETE bikes.

The challenge is making sure you are NOT building the same bike again. I
know that sounds confusing, but how many of us have two "different" bikes
that both have the same cockpit, same saddle, even the same wheelset.

Making one MORE paved road and one MORE unpaved road would be a starting
point. And the different frame size will be ideal for that.

Ride Safely,
Beaverton "My Wife Would Be Happy IF I Only Had Two Bikes" Bob