Done brevets on my Quickbeam in various configurations. basket, bags, fixed and
SS. In my experience comfort is the most important thing since time limits are
generous.  The catch is that comfortable varies quite a bit from 3 to 300
miles. Full upright is nice for a few miles, but will be very uncomfortable for
120 miles for me. Both battery and dybamo lights work.

Experimentation is key and what works for me will maybe not work for the next
person. In the end you won't know what works for a 300k unless you do a 300k.
Best advice is to just start and see how it goes. worst case scenario you will
DNF, so what? You will learn something anyway.

Clayton Scott
SF, CA