Ted, it's neat to hear the details about your low trail trials, I've never
ridden one, that I know of, but it's hard to imagine handling better than
my cheviot with a front load (feels great even with 30lbs).  I'll have to
try!     Have you found that fender-flaps have helped at all?  I also feel
discouraged when my feet continue to get wet from puddles, despite fenders.
  Thanks for sharing!