*"Isn't this same fear & hatred of Others what is behind car driver road
rage against bicyclists?"*

I don't think it's only fear and hatred, it's also arrogance and ownership,
and expectation of privilege, but I feel the correlation on a personal and
systemic level.

   - Some people feel they can shout at me, or buzz me with their car,
   because I "don't belong" on "their" roads.
   - Other people feel that they can do anything at all to anyone who
   "doesn't belong" in "their" neighborhood, country, forum, etc.

Thank you, Grant, for speaking up.

Philip
Santa Rosa, CA